Doll Profiles

Friday 5 December 2014

The Nativity

Ella's arm has been feeling better lately, and she no longer needs to support it with a sling.
This has lead to her being quite content as of late.
Today, she was surprised to see a large box on my bed.




Ella: Huh? Rosie, where'd this box come from?
Me: I got it down from the attic. It has some special Christmas decorations in it.


Ella: Chris-mas? Is that a person?
Me: No, it's a holiday, kind of like a world wide festival. Don't Wood Elves celebrate Christmas?


Ella: Oh wait! I think I've heard of it! The elders in my village used to tell us stories about how humans celebrate it once a year and open gifts!
Me: Yes, that's right.
Ella: Can I help with these decorations?
Me: If you like.


Ella: * climbs *


Ella: Na-tiv-i-ty scene?
Me: Yes, it's a set of figures that represent a part of Christmas.


Ella: Can you open it?
Me: Alright. Hope down and I'll take the lid off.


Me: * opens box *


Ella: Oooh, bubbles! * giggles * But where are the figures? * leans forward *


Ella: Eeeep!
Me: El!


Ella: * giggles * Hehe, whoopsie!


Ella: I think I can see something.


Ella: Look! I found them!


Me: Right then. Should we start unpacking them?
Ella: Yes!


Ella: Here's a sheep!


Ella: Ooof, this one's heavy.


Ella: * grunts *


Ella: Here, a shepherd!


Ella: And some wise guys!

**********


Ella: Whew! All done!
Me: Good job El-Bell! ^_^

**********


Ella: What next?
Me: Now we set them up.
Ella: Right then!


Ella: Ugh, not this guy again!


Ella: Now you just sit there mister shepherd.


Ella: Grrrr, he won't stand up!


Ella: There you go sheeps!


Ella: Now you, er, who is this guy? A shepherd?
Me: That's Joseph.


Ella: And this lady with the cute baby?
Me: That's Mary and Jesus.


Ella: All done! How does it look?


Me: It looks great! Well done Ella!
Ella: * grins *



Thanks for reading!
Rosie

7 comments:

  1. Ahh Rosie, you and Ella tell a great story. :) It was a lovely read, thank you.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Xanadu! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
      Hugs!
      Rosie

      Delete
  2. Hi again. I started a new blog, and for a post I would like others to share one inspirational thing they've read. Does anyone remember something they've read that they thought was inspiring?
    thank you for your help.

    ReplyDelete